Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: JMX Basic trouble
- 10-08-2010, 12:10 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
- Rep Power
JMX Basic trouble
I cant seem to enable authentication on my jmx server...
I need to be able to connect to an rmi server through a firewall, hence I found myself doing this:
Monitoring and Management Using JMX Technology - Java SE Monitoring and Management Guide (Example 2-5)
The only changes I made are the port numbers and file names.
Just running that code, I can't get authentication to work. I can connect to my jmx agent with no credentials or just simply bad credentials. I'm not passing anything to the jvm when I start up the RMI server, so authentication _should_ be on!
Playing around with the code a bit, I was able to verify that the remote.access file is indeed being read: If I invalidate the path, the server fails to start:
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: c:\jmxremote.access (The system cannot find the file specified)
However, if I do something similar to the password file, everything starts up perfectly fine:
>>> Starts fine
Any idea why I can't seem to get authentication working??
Here's my code... it shouldn't run but does.
Last edited by dyamanoha; 10-08-2010 at 12:13 AM.
- By anthonyalaan in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
- By vijay24805 in forum New To JavaReplies: 25Last Post: 04-14-2009, 02:46 AM
- By robjames in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-09-2009, 02:58 AM
- By Mayur in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 01-24-2009, 06:00 AM
- By fred in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-20-2007, 05:45 PM