Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 08-08-2007, 11:44 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Rep Power
Assigning Threads on Multiprocessor?
I am converting a single threaded application into a multithreaded one in hopes of concurrently executing sections of the code on a multiprocessor. I've created threads for the sections that should be executed on the different processors but I don't think multiple processors are being assigned to the code chunks. The multiprocessor system is Unix based and I use the generic "java Main" command to execute the class with main(). Is there a special command that I have to use in order to assign the threads to the multiprocessors?
Thanks in advance!
- 08-08-2007, 11:55 PM #2levent Guest
- By Java Tip in forum java.langReplies: 0Last Post: 04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
- By willemjav in forum Java AppletsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-04-2008, 07:59 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 12-11-2007, 11:25 AM
- By one198 in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM
- By osval in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2007, 12:10 AM