Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    gammaman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default recursive descent parser

    anyone have an RDP that can handle the following grammar?

    Java Code:
    <elist>  ->  <elist>,<e>|<e>      
    <e>      ->   <n>^<e>|<n>
    <n>     ->    <n><d>|<d>
    <d>    ->    0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9

    in case you were wondering, this grammar says that something like the following can be taken as an input string.

    2^2^3,15,20^2

  2. #2
    DarrylBurke's Avatar
    DarrylBurke is offline Forum Police
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Madgaon, Goa, India
    Posts
    11,457
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Last edited by DarrylBurke; 03-20-2010 at 07:53 PM.

  3. #3
    JosAH's Avatar
    JosAH is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Voorschoten, the Netherlands
    Posts
    13,783
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gammaman View Post
    anyone have an RDP that can handle the following grammar?

    Java Code:
    <elist>  ->  <elist>,<e>|<e>      
    <e>      ->   <n>^<e>|<n>
    <n>     ->    <n><d>|<d>
    <d>    ->    0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9

    in case you were wondering, this grammar says that something like the following can be taken as an input string.

    2^2^3,15,20^2
    I noticed you calling Darryl a loser in the Sun Java forum for reporting your crossposts; you're in my ignore list from now on.

    Jos

  4. #4
    Fubarable's Avatar
    Fubarable is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,315
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosAH View Post
    I noticed you calling Darryl a loser in the Sun Java forum for reporting your crossposts; you're in my ignore list from now on.

    Jos
    Seconded. .

  5. #5
    DarrylBurke's Avatar
    DarrylBurke is offline Forum Police
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Madgaon, Goa, India
    Posts
    11,457
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Form the Sun forums:
    Now appearing at codeguru.com, cplusplus.com, dreamincode.net

    Links:
    recursive decent parser - CodeGuru Forums
    recursive descent parser - C++ Forums
    Recursive Descent Parser - C And C++ | Dream.In.Code

    db

  6. #6
    gcalvin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    952
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl.Burke View Post
    Form the Sun forums:
    Now appearing at codeguru.com, cplusplus.com, dreamincode.net

    Links:
    recursive decent parser - CodeGuru Forums
    recursive descent parser - C++ Forums
    Recursive Descent Parser - C And C++ | Dream.In.Code

    db
    With confirmation that it's coursework, even. He'll probably get a degree and get hired somewhere someday too soon.

    -Gary-

  7. #7
    DarrylBurke's Avatar
    DarrylBurke is offline Forum Police
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Madgaon, Goa, India
    Posts
    11,457
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Now also on the Ranch as a thread hijack:
    []Recursive Descent Parser Question (Java in General forum at JavaRanch)

    db

  8. #8
    JosAH's Avatar
    JosAH is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Voorschoten, the Netherlands
    Posts
    13,783
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl.Burke View Post
    Jeez, it's like a hail of rifle fire; he's determined to hit something ;-)

    kind regards,

    Jos

Similar Threads

  1. basic help with Recursive
    By syntrax in forum New To Java
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 07:19 AM
  2. help with BNF Grammar program using recursive descent parsing
    By carolain79@hotmail.com in forum New To Java
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 09:00 PM
  3. BNF grammar using recursive descent parsing
    By carolain79@hotmail.com in forum New To Java
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
  4. Recursive Anagram
    By zoe in forum Advanced Java
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 07:15 AM
  5. Help with recursive implementation
    By toby in forum Advanced Java
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 06:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •