Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-14-2009, 10:44 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Rep Power
Open and closing tabbed web browser using java
In our project we have a requirement to open the default web browser(windows and linux) from the java application.Also when the java application is closed the browser window also need to be closed automatically.
To open the browser we use:
p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler someurl;
but to close the browser window p.destroy() fails for tabbed browsers like firefox but succeds for IE 6 which opens different windows for different pages.
Is there any option to close only the tab we opened or any other alternative way to achieve this(cant use JDIC or Desktop API).
- By MusicGuy in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 11-09-2009, 01:12 AM
- By ali_sakar in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
- By programmer_007 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
- By kumar_ps78 in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 13Last Post: 08-13-2009, 04:56 PM
- By Tokajac in forum Java ServletReplies: 2Last Post: 10-13-2008, 02:31 PM