Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 11-26-2009, 11:11 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- Rep Power
Read pasword protected Excel file
How to read Password protected Excel file using java. Actually i read normal excel file(without password protection) successfully, using some standard coadings with support POI jars. But i am unable to read password protected xls file. Can you please tell me how to do that.
Thanks for advance.
- 11-27-2009, 05:13 PM #2
I'm not sure how to do this either. Though I remember having problems reading 'protected' sheets in excel files as well. What I used to do was use an older version of openoffice, that did not implement the page protection checking as complete as it is now, like it allowed you to edit a page that was protected to be read only if opened in excel and such.
So i wonder if you were to first open the file in openoffice, or excel, and save-as it (such as without using password protection on the save as 'd version, would that work ?
- By ironicending in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2010, 12:42 AM
- By swati.jyoti in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 09-08-2009, 02:08 PM
- By spalax in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-15-2009, 05:06 AM
- By chetan-24 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
- By saran123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 10-03-2008, 10:19 AM