Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 11-06-2009, 05:33 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Rep Power
Java and WebServices: showing a Loading window
I'm developing two Swing apps that communicate between each other through Web Services.
As the waiting time for a web service call is a bit long (10 secs sometimes) I was wondering if I could make a JDialog appear during the wait, so a friend told me to do something like this:
Loading winLoad = new Loading("Loading people data..."); winLoad.setVisible(true); <<Web Service call>> winLoad.dispose();
The Loading window shows a gif animated icon and the message "Loading people data..." next to it.
I use this method with different loading messages in every web service call I make but the problem I'm having is that sometimes the window appears but with no icon and no message box; it just remains gray like if it was empty.
Does somebody know what's happening?
Thanks for your help.
P.S: Sorry about my English; I'm from Uruguay and we speak in Spanish. :o
Last edited by BeRniTo; 11-06-2009 at 08:19 PM.
- By umail2deep in forum XMLReplies: 2Last Post: 12-08-2009, 02:32 PM
- By rodrigo in forum SWT / JFaceReplies: 0Last Post: 08-21-2009, 03:01 AM
- By naveenit7sep in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2009, 08:16 AM
- By FezKazi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 02-20-2009, 04:49 PM
- By renukadevi.karri in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 01-10-2008, 01:09 PM