Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
- Rep Power
Doubt regarding Directory Upload using HTTPclient3.1 library
I am new to using Apache HTTP Client3.1 library. I understood how to upload a file in specified location using Apache commons file- upload ,but i was unable to understand how to upload directories using Apache commons file upload . For ex: You see, the directory contains some files in it as well as other directories. Basically this directory also has sub-directories and files.
Can anyone suggest me how to proceed further.
Thanks & Regards,
- 09-30-2009, 08:33 PM #2
the http-client only handles standard HTTP methods. such as GET, POST, PUT. for more advanced features like "mkdir" on the server, you could create an administrative servlet (like on a different URL) /myapp/createFolder?path=aDir and your client app would need to know to call that if needed (such as the directory did not exist).. and then use the commons-httpclient facility to PUT a file.
Another idea, there might be to see if some existing API projects that do this already in a higher level protocl, such as WebDAV.
- By Chris555 in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 08-05-2009, 02:58 PM
- By 82rathi.angara in forum New To JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 09-09-2008, 05:11 AM
- By bachtoutou in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 05-23-2008, 10:08 PM
- By shaju_inspira in forum Sun Java Wireless ToolkitReplies: 0Last Post: 01-18-2008, 09:38 AM
- By veena in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM