Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Key selection for SSL/TLS
- 02-28-2009, 04:46 PM #1
- 03-25-2009, 03:50 PM #2
- 03-25-2009, 08:11 PM #3
Can't find anything in there. It seems to assume there is only one key in the store called "tomcat". There's no sign in the source code referenced in the config files of selecting keys from a store.
I'm not using Tomcat. I have a very simple custom server for my custom clients that should encrypt its traffic, requiring both client and server authentication.
I'll see if I can fiddle it around so I have two keystores: one with the client's private and the server's public, and vice-versa.
- 04-27-2009, 10:38 PM #4
Having separate keystores still doesn't solve it. The server can't tell whether the client is using the client's key or the server's key, as you can't have a private key in a keystore without the matching public key.
I'm incredulous that there's no way of selecting which keys from a keystore an SSL(Server)Socket should use.Don't forget to mark threads as [SOLVED] and give reps to helpful posts.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
- By Sarinam in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-14-2008, 06:16 AM
- By Java Tip in forum SWT TipsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2008, 08:04 PM
- By Java Tip in forum SWT TipsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2008, 07:58 PM
- By newtojava7 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2008, 02:58 AM
- By kneekow in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2008, 03:10 PM