Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Using Corba and Virtual Address
- 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Rep Power
Using Corba and Virtual Address
My application (which is a Service) is running on a 6 servers cluster. Each server has its own Physical IP address. My application run on one server but can failover to another member of the cluster.
The cluster has a Virtual IP address. I want my application to communicate with destination application (outside the cluster) by Virtual IP address. I have firewalls and I want only open ports for the Virtual IP address and not all the physical addresses.
I have tried running my application with the following parameters:
-Dcom.sun.CORBA.LocalHost=<Virtual IP address>
-Dcom.sun.CORBA.ORBServerHost=<Virtual IP address>
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=<Virtual IP address>
But none of these helped. The target application still communicate back to the physical IP address.
How should I configure my application?
I am using Java Corba classes which means that I do not have a ORB Server (Visibroker, IONA, etc) installed.
Last edited by email@example.com; 02-25-2009 at 11:51 PM.
- By kblackwell in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
- By prufrock in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 09-23-2008, 01:00 PM
- By vishnu_cec in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-22-2007, 06:16 PM
- By davantmay in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2007, 10:53 PM
- By Heather in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 06-30-2007, 03:11 PM