Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 02-25-2009, 10:06 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Rep Power
Incompatiility among the SUN JAVA and IBM JAVA
There are Cryptographic policy files present in jre/lib/security. The default policy files are not capable of using stronger encryption algorithms like AES 256.
In order to use them we need to install unrestricted policy files.
The unrestricted policy files provided by Sun works fine but the Sun JRE is not compatible to the IBM JRE from the following scenario.....
If I use the unrestricted policy files from IBM in the Sun JRE 1.6 the following exception occurs.....
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Jurisdiction policy files are not signed
by trusted signers!
... 10 more
So is Sun Java compatible to IBM java or not?
- By Heather in forum NetBeansReplies: 3Last Post: 09-07-2009, 02:28 PM
- By mathias in forum Java AppletsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-26-2009, 11:31 PM
- By vidjogamer in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-06-2009, 07:52 AM
- By aniljoo in forum IntroductionsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
- By michelle in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 03-06-2008, 12:47 AM