Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-23-2009, 07:57 AM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Rep Power
JPEG decompression painfully slow...
Suppose you have a *LARGE* jpg file, and wish to load it. The simplest way is just to use imageio:
Image myImage = javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(new File("big.jpg"));
But what I'm finding, is that this takes much longer than can be accounted for by file IO even on machines with good GPUs, so it's obvious the GPU is not being used.
What I would like is for jpeg decomression to happen on the graphics card. Any thoughts?
- By shaktish in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 4Last Post: 02-17-2009, 03:52 PM
- By Nicholas Jordan in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 10-05-2008, 11:40 PM
- By hemant in forum Java 2DReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2008, 05:39 PM
- By ashakthi84 in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2007, 05:03 AM
- By Hasan in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-31-2007, 03:42 PM