JavaMail API : getting "SMTPAddressFailedException"
I am getting "SMTPAddressFailedException" when trying to send mails to a mail id which has the format like this:
The exception was:
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for email@example.com
But when use my code to send a mail to recipient like this: firstname.lastname@example.org, it works fine.
Can anyone please help me out of it?
550 - That is a mailing list, not a user.
Sounds to me like the dot operator is used to attain local administrative facillitation.
/* 3.3. VERIFYING AND EXPANDING
* SMTP provides as additional features, commands to verify a user
* name or expand a mailing list. This is done with the VRFY and
* EXPN commands, which have character string arguments. For the
* VRFY command, the string is a user name, and the response may
* include the full name of the user and must include the mailbox of
* the user. For the EXPN command, the string identifies a mailing
* list, and the multiline response may include the full name of the
* users and must give the mailboxes on the mailing list.
* "User name" is a fuzzy term and used purposely. If a host
* implements the VRFY or EXPN commands then at least local mailboxes
* must be recognized as "user names". If a host chooses to
* recognize other strings as "user names" that is allowed.
* In some hosts the distinction between a mailing list and an alias
* for a single mailbox is a bit fuzzy, since a common data structure
* may hold both types of entries, and it is possible to have mailing
* lists of one mailbox. If a request is made to verify a mailing
* list a positive response can be given if on receipt of a message
* so addressed it will be delivered to everyone on the list,
* otherwise an error should be reported (e.g., "550 That is a
* mailing list, not a user"). If a request is made to expand a user
* name a positive response can be formed by returning a list
* containing one name, or an error can be reported (e.g., "550 That
* is a user name, not a mailing list").
* In the case of a multiline reply (normal for EXPN) exactly one
* mailbox is to be specified on each line of the reply. In the case
* of an ambiguous request, for example, "VRFY Smith", where there
* are two Smith's the response must be "553 User ambiguous".